Paraplanner - Full & Part Time Hours Available
Wakefield (South side)
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced, methodical and efficient Paraplanner to join a well established and respected financial services organisation (Full and Part Time Hours Available).
Working alongside a specialist financial adviser, the remit of the role is broad and includes:
• Preparing and maintaining client files
• Preparing and implementing Protection, Investment and Basic Pension new money/switch recommendations
• Conducting a general assessment of a clients circumstances and identify areas for financial planning
• Reviewing investment portfolio, asset allocation, risk profile etc
• Undertaking research both independently and with the financial planner to identity suitable solutions to meet clients needs
• Communicating with providers and preparing information for distribution to the financial planner and obtaining any and all plan information relevant to advice
• Preparing draft recommendation reports to be discussed/signed off by financial planner
• Preparing suitability letters in accordance with agreed recommendations
• Ensuring supporting documentation and records meet FCA and Tenet requirements
The client is looking for candidates who use initiative, are self-motivated and possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a similar role (flexible on number of years) and have a Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning (Level 4) or be close to completing the qualification.
To apply for this position please click here
Paraplanner - Financial Report Writer
Our client, a leading UK law firm with a national network, has an opportunity for a Paraplanner/ Financial Report Writer to join its head office in Sheffield.
Duties and responsibilities
• Write suitability reports on post-settlement financial advice for financial advisers
• Research technical issues and products as required
• Convey and discuss technical information
• Request illustrations and paperwork from providers
• Provide a consistent level of service which meets client expectations
• Attend team meetings, participate in discussion and comply with decisions
• Communicate with clients and providers in a professional manner
• Three years or more experience in a similar role
Education, Qualifications, Vocational Training
• Full CFP
• Level 4 Diploma
• Degree education in a relevant subject
Knowledge and Skills
• Use of initiative
• Organisation and time management
• High levels of numeracy and accuracy
• Problem Solving
• IT literate with knowledge of MS Office programmes and Excel
• Knowledge of Court of Protection or providing advice to Court appointed Deputies
In terms of personal characteristics, this is a role that would suit someone able to work as part of a team and someone who can demonstrate clear spoken and written communication.
To apply for this position, click here
Accounts Input Clerk
Our client, a leading full-service law firm in Sheffield, has an opportunity for an Accounts Input Clerk to join its head office in Sheffield centre.
You will be supporting the accounts department and previous data-entry experience is essential for the role. Candidates should also have strong IT, inter-personal and communication skills. It is desirable that candidates should have knowledge and experience of basic accounts, preferably solicitors accounts.
You must have fast and accurate keyboard skills and a good understanding of how to prioritise when working with both clients and colleagues in a busy and pressurised team environment. The role also requires you to take debit or credit-card payments and therefore excellent communication and client-care skills are needed.
This is role that relies heavily on process and would therefore suit someone who works well with policy and procedures and is happy to handle work of a repetitive nature and who works in a methodical manner. Good attention to detail and a thorough understanding of the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules are essential for candidates to succeed, as are good organisational skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Responsibilities include updating, maintaining and retrieving information held on our client’s systems as follows:
Processing payments, receipts and transfers
Processing credit and debit-card payments
Performing day end balancing procedures
Daily banking and cheque run
Petty cash payments and balancing
Maintaining an efficient filing system
Keeping to data security and confidentiality
Key skills and experiences:
Data Entry Clerk experience
Working with numbers and basic accounts (ideally legal)
Fast and accurate data input skills
Client service skills
Ability to manage large volume data-entry requirements and work to deadlines under pressure.
Confident email and systems user.
Excellent time management and organisational skills
Knowledge of MS Outlook and Excel
Candidates will also need to be smart, show good administrative skills and be reliable. You should also be professional, hardworking and reliable, with a bright, enthusiastic personality, and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
To apply for this position, click here